Cartridge World is the leading retailer of cartridge refilling services and one of the fastest growing franchise businesses in the world. The company philosophy is simple: to refill cartridges as quickly and conveniently as possible for upto half the price of new and offering quality as good as new.
Usage of printers has today become a household need. Printers have become affordable but cost of printing hasn’t. We often find that the cost of an OEM cartridge is as much as the cost of the printer. Globally, 70% of Printer cartridges are said to have been thrown into landfill every year. Cartridge World offers an environmentally friendly, cost saving solution to this 21st Century problem. Cartridge Refilling in the Indian-Sub Continent is largely unorganized. Regular stationery needs of the consumers are catered to by neighborhood shopkeepers. However, consumers today have specific needs and manufacturers and retailers are aligning themselves with those consumer needs. This has given birth to the concept of specialty stores. In general the neighborhood stationery stores do not offer a big range, choice or specialized services to customers. This is the gap that the organized players are positioning themselves to cater to.
Cartridge World is uniquely positioned as a specialty retail format covering digital imaging supplies and services business. Globally digital imaging is over a US $101 Bn opportunity (source: Lyra research 2006), about 60% of which belongs to cartridges alone. In India industry estimates reflect that printer consumables are a Rs. 2500+ Crores opportunity growing at over 30% YOY with no saturation point in view in the distant future.
Cartridge World, as you may have heard, is the world leader in refilling and remanufacturing of inkjet and toner cartridges. The multi award bagging company, headquartered in Australia, has a strong franchise network in over 51 countries with more than 1675 stores. All cartridge World stores are owned and operated by franchisees.
The concept has already won two prestigious awards in its first year of operations in India viz. ‘New Concept in Franchising’ & ‘Concept of the Year ‘07’ awarded by Franchising Association of India and The Franchising World Magazine respectively.
A Cartridge World store, positioned as a ONE STOP SHOP for all Printer needs, offers the following range of services and products to its customers:
A Cartridge World franchisee can look forward to take advantage of:
- A well-established international brand name with business systems that have been proven internationally and nationally
- A 2 week Technical Training program conducted at our state-of-the-art Learning Centre in Mumbai for 2 Technical Staff
- A 1 week Business Orientation training program conducted at our state-of-the-art Learning Centre in Mumbai for 2 managerial level staff (including the Franchise Owner)
- The Franchise Owner can also attend the complete 2 Week Technical Training program in addition to the Business Orientation Training if he/she wishes to
- Technical know-how and ongoing access to new developments in printing and cartridge technology. (Access to Extranet)
- The benefits of on going research & development will be transferred to the Franchisee to keep abreast of the developments in the industry
- Cartridge World's ability to continuously provide simple cost-effective solutions to address in the rapidly changing cartridge and ink technology
- Store & Ambience development manual will be released and assistance provided in the development and store set-up by our Regional and Head office teams
- Franchisee will be provided with following Manuals which will help in starting and running the Cartridge World business as per the Standard Operating Procedures
- Store Development and Ambience Manual
- Store Set-up Manual
- Retail Store Operations Manual
- Sales Manual
- Brand Manual
- Access to Global vendor relationships for effective buying of raw materials
- Assistance in procuring finance from SBI. Our project has been evaluated and approved for financing by SBI* (More details will be shared once you join the Cartridge World family)
- The Franchisor will provide requisite marketing support to propagate the various services of Cartridge World stores through national and regional PR programs and activities
- Sales & Marketing tools, designs / artworks for campaigns and Marketing programs as and when developed will be sent to all Franchisees as per policy
We are looking for committed and passionate partners who together with us carry forward the mission to provide the best sales and service package on the supply of consumables and printers, and provide information to the consumer on the benefits of recycling.
- A graduate degree
- A good track record in business or profession
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to invest
form some of the main criteria based on which we select our Franchisees.
Schedule of Events / The Process of Awarding a Cartridge World Franchisee
At Cartridge World we open close to one new store every business day and as you may understand we will only be able to place a specific number of stores in any given market. I’m sure you will agree that it’s important to find the best-qualified owners to help ensure the success of our system.
Standardisation is important to achieve quality. Below mentioned is the standard process we follow to Award a franchise
Revenues and Profitability
The proposition is unique. Franchisees make a fortune while helping customers save money and the environment without compromising on quality. Not many businesses offer margins like that of printer cartridges refilling business. Modestly speaking, a franchisee with the necessary skills and training can achieve an operational break-even within 3-4 months of commencement of store operations and a payback period within 24-30 months. More details will be provided upon receipt of filled in Franchise Application forms
The Indian market
Printing has become a everyday need e.g. e-ticket, boarding passes, children’s file work, printing photographs at home etc.. Industry sources indicate that in India, the market size for printer cartridges is pegged at over Rs 2500 crores and is growing at about 30% Year on Year. However, the Indian customer has a very limited choice between expensive OEM cartridges, counterfeits and ‘locally’ refilled cartridges of poor quality. A product, which is cost effective and yet assures the performance of a brand new cartridge, is undoubtedly a strong value proposition. Globally, 62% of printing is attributed to the internet and India, tipped to be the largest internet using country in the world by 2010, is bound to see this industry leapfrog.
Cartridge World Stores in the Indian Sub-Continent
The Cartridge World brand, business format and product offerings are now available in the Indian Sub-Continent through AFL Pvt. Ltd (www.afl.co.in), an exclusive Master Franchisee of Cartridge World in this region. AFL through the franchise route intends to set-up a network of 250 Cartridge World stores by 2010 and aims to garner a 10% market share.
Over 66 franchisees have already been appointed and 47 stores have been launched in Mumbai, Bangalore, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Guahati, Varanasi, Nagpur, Jaipur, Kochi, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Bhopal, Indore, Ranchi, Pune, Chennai, Lucknow, Vizag and Gurgaon. The initial customer response to this unique concept has indeed been overwhelming. With efficient technical training and marketing support mechanisms in place, stores are reporting achievement of operational break- even within 3-5 months of launch. The Franchisees in this area are confident of achieving a pay-back within 24-30 months. So rewarding is the opportunity that several franchisees have, within their first year of operation, bought franchise for multiple stores.